Thanks so much to everyone who joined the media call on October 5. The International Coalition for Sustainable Aviation (ICSA) appreciates your interest in aviation emissions and wants to continue being a resource as we move into the final two days of the ICAO General Assembly and near a final outcome on the establishing a Global Market-Based Measure (GMBM).
We discussed several resources on the press call, which are summarized below:
- Media Call Recording: All press call statements are on-record. Please note that the audio becomes louder approximately 10 minutes into the recording.
- ICSA Opening Statement: circulated on the first day of the ICAO General Assembly
- ICSA End of First Week Statement: Tracking movement of the resolution text towards the end of the first week.
- GMBM Modeling: The Environmental Defense Fund created an interactive tool to see how additional countries’ support for the GMBM can boost coverage of international aviation emissions.
- Five Ways to Save the Aviation Agreement: ICSA expresses strong reservations about the current agreement and provides five ways to save it.
- Aviation Backgrounder (long) and (short) versions: This resource includes facts and context about aviation emissions and the General Assembly.
- Additional Resources: For any follow-up questions or interview requests, please contact Ben Rubin at email@example.com.
FlightPath 1.5 is a global campaign of leading environmental voices, dedicated to cutting aviation climate pollution and ensuring that aviation contributes its fair share to the goal of limiting the global temperature increase to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels. The campaign is spearheaded by the International Coalition for Sustainable Aviation, the official civil society observer to the UN International Civil Aviation Organization. Find out more at www.FlightPath1point5.org.